I found these pieces of text in Susan Meiselas 'In History' p14, an interview by Kristen Lubben.
This piece I think links to my Mixed Media ideas. I am going to ask the other British people that I'm travelling with to a write down a memory of each day, at the end of each day. I also am going to try to collect some drawings or written pieces from the African children to merge together and use within my Mixed Media work.
Meiselas did this with some of her work. She took her contact prints back to the subjects within them and asked them to write about the image, she then used the text and image together.
This second piece, I felt just really spoke to me as a practitioner. I am also really interested in knowing whats behind an image. I don't enjoy photographing people on the street, because I don't want to portray them wrongly.
This also links to my MPP work, because I am hoping to know a bit of background of the people I photograph in Gambia. My work is not going to portray people wrongly, hopefully, so I really felt that this spoke into my practice as well.

