Sunday, 11 May 2014

Project Title

I have struggled a little bit with finding a title for this project. I think I was trying to make it something impressive, but not too cheesy but obvious that thought had gone into it. I also wanted it to really represent the images, so that it linked and wasn't too foreign and far-fetched from what the images are actually showing.

Also, because I really want to do the children justice through this work and I don't want to put any meaning out that I don't mean or that can be interpreted wrongly. It has stressed me out.

But I have decided that the title of this work is 'New Life'.

It is really simple and when I think about it now it is so obvious.
The name of the school that the children attend is New Life Children's Center. The British people that I traveled to The Gambia with also fund raise and go by the same name.
I also don't think that it can interpreted in a negative way by anybody, it is a positive title that pretty much sums up every aspect of the work.
These children are the new life of The Gambia, they are the next generation, they are being educated and are happy... They are New Life.