These are all of the portrait images I have to choose from. There is a total of 99. Some of them cannot be used because they have one of the volunteer group members in the background, this gives a sense of 'the other' which I don't want to obviously portray. Although it will come through in a small sense if people know that I, the photographer am white and female. There will always be that lingering over the image but I hope that it does not over power the images.
Some of them the children are slightly blurred or are not really smiling, more looking puzzled or just blank emotions. They look very similar to the images we see day to day of African children, which I don't want to show as part of my project.
I will sort through these images and get rid of the ones that I know I definitely don't want to use in this instance, and then will spend time with those that are left and make a decision on the strongest images.
