I am still in contact with many of the teachers that work in the schools where I photographed the children whilst I was in The Gambia. I have emailed them the photographs of some of the children and have asked them to provide me with the child's name and possibly age or school year.
I would like to use that information as the caption with each photograph and for those children that are from the villages and surrounding areas, it would be too difficult without returning to find out that information so I will possibly use quotes from the people I have sent questions too, or something from the charity mission statements or from my dissertation research.
Hopefully I will be successful in that and be able to provide names for the photographs. This will also add the connection between image and viewer I hope. It will allow the viewer to know that small bit of information about the child they are looking at to make that slight connection.