Thinking about my film that I hope to produce, I am struggling to plan what I might show through the film.
It is difficult because I am travelling to a place where I really am not sure what to expect when I get there, I am unsure of what I will be doing whilst there and because I am going as part of a group I cannot pre-plan my trip. If I were going alone or with family then I could do extensive research into Gambia and decide what I would like to show and then travel out to that place to gather footage. But I have to go where the group goes on this trip (it is not safe to travel alone in The Gambia - especially as a young white female).
It is going to be really challenging and I will have to think quick whilst I am out there to make enough footage, and footage that I can use.
I think before I go I will have decided whether I will be filming the people, the surroundings, the animals, children, school or villages etc etc.