As part of my book I want to include some sort of quotes or text about the perception of Africa and African children. I feel it would work well if I could get some from charities who are working in Africa at present, it will back up what I am saying with my images.
I have e-mailed a few charities that I am aware of working at present in Africa. This is a copy of my email..
Obviously, I inserted the name of the charity that I was e-mailing in the '...' space.
I'm hoping that their responses, if I get one, will be helpful in looking into why charities feel that Africa is in need of help nowadays. We all know that it does need some aid, but do we really know what the charities' and organizations' reasons and aims are in providing aid? I think we just see the imagery and hear the words, but don't stop to consider the reasoning or think any further into these things as individuals.
I hope that these responses will also help me to figure out in what way I want to use my imagery from The Gambia, and help to solidify my presentation reasoning.
I e-mailed this out to the following charities:
- UNICEF
- Tearfund
- Compassion
- Save the Children
- World Vision
- Oxfam
