Friday, 21 February 2014

Fabric experimentation






I brought some fabric that you can print onto from a craft fair this weekend. I thought it would be really fun to see what it would look like if I printed this image onto it.
Well, it worked out really well and it is so simple to do. When it has no light behind it you can just see the image, but when it is held up to the light it becomes more transparent.


I then tried layering the fabric over the acetate text and image (above). It worked really well I think. I was hoping that it would work but I didn't expect it to be as good as it has turned out.
I also like that the trees aren't lined up properly so it gets a sort of 3D/shadow effect on it.

However, it is already very apparent that the fabric frays so easily, you just have to touch it and it all starts coming apart. If I use it then I will have to sew the edges or something to stop it from doing this all the time.