Because my image worked so well printed onto acetate, I wanted to see how well text printed onto acetate.
Here is my test:
I photocopied a random page from the 'Roots' book on the photocopier. The good thing about printing onto acetate, is if the text comes out backwards you just turn the acetate over.
I really like this.
I knew it would work because many people do this and project using text on acetate.
I just wanted to check that it worked printing off of the printers at university. And it does! yey so no expensive costs involved.
So then I put the image and text together and this is how it looks:
I absolutely love it. It works so well. It gives extra depth to the image and makes the tree really stand out i feel.
I tried it the other way around but the text was so overpowering you couldnt see the image as clearly below it.
I feel that I perhaps need to make it a little more personal, add a layer in that links it back to my trip to The Gambia. I'm not sure how to do this yet though.