I am in a debate with myself over whether to present my images as a book or as prints.
I want to include the child's name as caption to the photograph, which is easier in a book.
However, my project is about giving the children a voice, making them a person.
In a book, the images would be hidden away behind the front cover. Somebody has to physically pick up the book, choose to look through it and even then the photographs are limited in size and so I question whether the viewer will be able to connect with the child that they are looking at.
If I print the photographs largely, they are there visible to anybody who is walking by. In this world, we are bombared with imagery and campaign media of starving sick children, why?! My images show that they are happy, smiling, getting on with life as they know how to. Why can't I bombard viewers in a gallery space with my images?
When the photographs are hung in the gallery, the caption with it will be the child's name.
A book, however is a physically thing. You can handle it, touch it, smell it, hold it as close to your face as you want to... so maybe that is more of a connection?
I don't know !!!
Book/ Prints/ Book/ Prints/ Book ?!?!?!!